- We are a leader in our field
- The thing that makes us different is our people
- We are uniquely placed to fulfil your needs
- We believe we are the best people to help you
The problem with this approach is:
- It’s all about the seller, when the focus should be on the buyer
- Competitors are likely to make similar claims, so every supplier sounds similar in the eyes of the buyer
The key points to reflect on from here are:
- Focus your narrative on your customer and their needs.
- It’s about selling value as seen from their perspective.
- Focus on your discriminators. These are differentiators you have over your competitors based on issues that your customers actually care about.
- If you make a performance claim back it up with some independent proof, such as a customer testimonial or quote