Many businesses are good at describing their strengths, not so good at ensuring their offer has a competitive edge over other bidders.
Use a Black Hat review when you know you have credible competition and you need to step up your game.
The ideal Black Hat review outcome is to credibly answer the following types of questions:
- How do you shape the game?
- What are the competitors’ likely strategies?
- How do you stack up against the competition in technical capabilities, price, risk and past performance?
- What are the competitors’ strengths and weaknesses?
- What issues do you ghost?
- Whom does the customer prefer?
- If you are not the incumbent, how to you unseat them?
- If you are the incumbent, how to you retain your position?
- How do you become the competitor to beat? Can you achieve a favoured position?
- How can you counteract the competitors’ marketing efforts?